Tooth Extraction Porter Ranch
A beautiful confident smile goes a long way! We can help you look your best with a full bright smile
Looking for tooth extraction in Porter Ranch? Our amazing dentists at Porter Ranch Dental Studio are ready to help! Tooth extraction is not always required, but can sometimes be the best option for oral health. Common reasons for getting a tooth removed include:
- A child’s baby tooth won’t fall out on its own
- Tooth infection or abscess
- Wisdom teeth are uncomfortable or causing problems for your other teeth
- Excessive tooth decay
- Crowded teeth
- Severely chipped tooth
- Preparation for braces
A qualified dentist at our Porter Ranch office can determine whether you need a tooth extracted after an oral examination of your mouth.
What is a Tooth Extraction?
Tooth extraction is an oral surgical procedure to remove an entire tooth from its socket. Our dentist or oral surgeon will perform the outpatient procedure at our office in Porter Ranch.
The process begins with an initial oral exam to determine the health status of the teeth and gums. X-rays will allow the dentist to study the bone density levels in your mouth while looking for signs of tooth and gum damage. Based on their findings, they will plan which teeth need to get pulled.
Here are four benefits of getting a tooth extraction
1) Prevents Further Tooth Decay – Stops the spread of plaque and bacteria in the mouth to avoid further tooth decay.
2) Fix Teeth Overcrowding – Stop overcrowding teeth causing other teeth to become misaligned.
3) Relieves Pain and Discomfort – Eliminate a painful or comfortable tooth from your mouth and start feeling better again.
4) Simple Aftercare – The aftercare for tooth extraction procedures is not complicated. You just have to rinse your mouth with an antimicrobial mouthwash a few times daily and keep the extraction site clean.
It is better to get a tooth extraction sooner rather than later. If you have an infected or damaged tooth, you shouldn’t wait too long to remove it. Otherwise, you may need a bone graft tooth extraction or another complicated oral surgical procedure.
Contact us for more information.